Monday 12 October 2015

DIVORCE OR SUICIDE

I took this picture some years back in Japan for my assignment in photography class at Temple University, Japan Campus. The theme for this picture was "CAN SUICIDE BE AN OPTION?" I had a "B" in the presentation. Little did everybody know that I was actually considering suicide. The pain and bitterness was too much to bare. But at least it paid off with a "B" right???!!! Thank God I was able to pull through.... (The story is yet to be told)

About 5 years down the lane when all the dust is settled am hit with my past again!!! the past I dread to think off, I had no option to go out there to explain to my colleagues why I took that risk!!! The rumour was too much. A lot disagreed with me and said my private life was out there. At a point I felt I shouldnt have come out and gradually the rumour would die down... But apparently I did the right thing for coming out and saving someone from committing suicide.


A colleague called me last night and I had to go see her because she was going through pain and bitterness had engulfed her and her only option was to commit suicide. Then she remembered I could help her. I asked her why didnt she seek help or counselling. The answer was that she doesnt trust anyone. She had a friend at work she wanted to talk to but the very day she decided to tell her friend that was when her friend talked nasty things about my (me Edem) marriage as if she was inside my home. She realised her issues would not be safe with her friend. I wept with her, consoled, prayed and spoke with her. On my way home I parked somewhere and wept... I wept... I wept!!!!! The reason why I wept... I didnt know...

But all I could say is sometimes when we are talking about someone we think we are destroying the person but rather we are killing the one listening....

God help US!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment