Monday 12 October 2015

WHEN I WAS A MADAM






ooo!! I am remembering the good old days! When I was HER EXCELLENCY!!
Yesterday I met a gentle man who claimed he knew me but unfortunately I could not make him out.  He tried saying all sort of things to remind me but honestly I could not remember where I knew him but it got to a time I had to pretend I remembered him.

He said one thing that brought me to realized how God had been faithful to me and gave me the chance to also enjoy life and give me that opportunity to realize mine will power.  This gentleman told me how he used to admire me and how alot of ladies in his outfit envied and wished they were in my shoes then. I said to myself "INTERESTING"

I was called HER EXCELLENCY because my ex husband was HIS EXCELLENCY. I had a diplomatic passport, VIP treatments everywhere I go, I didn’t even know where some embassies where yet I had their visas to travel to their countries. Dinners were held in my honor; I met and dined with Emperors, Kings, Queens and people of high class in societies.  AWWW!! It was such an experience!

But the funny and interesting part of it was that, I was never a happy person. I never appreciated all the luxury and the privileges I was enjoying. I missed being myself.  I had to be a lady and an African woman.  I had no choice than to aspect the fact that I was a big man’s wife always looking good and  smiling as if everything was alright. Meanwhile I was a wife where I cried every evening and at dawn and then wipe my face and made up and wore my heels and drove in different cars and pretend all was well, whiles some ladies envied me.. Such is life!!


I dont regret coming out and had never regretted going in but I realised that everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there.  They serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become.


Sometimes things happen to you and at the time they seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would never realize your potential, strength and will power of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment